Depending on the alarm panel installed and the level of security required, alarms can be monitored by various means from Stand alone on board text/speech diallers through to 24hr permanently manned Alarm Receiving Centre’s.
Omiga Fire & Security chosen Alarm Receiving Centre, or more commonly known as an ARC, is Southern Monitoring Services Ltd, With Omiga Fire & Security your alarm can been monitored 24hrs a day 365 days a year and including maintenance costs, can be as little as 45p per day (POA).
Provided you have a telephone line installed and/or an acceptable mobile network signal we are able to monitor your alarm system. All our systems connected to a BT telephone line are fitted with a hard wired ADSL filter so will not affect your Broadband connection. If no telephone line is installed, various types of stand alone GSM Diallers are available that are compatible with our alarm systems.
Non Policed systems
With the use of an on-board or stand alone text/speech diallers, text messages or voice calls can be generated to authorised key holders via telephone line or GSM Units.
Policed systems *
Digital communicator - in the event of an activation, all alarm signals will be sent to the ARC. They will then inform your authorised key holders of the activation and if necessary the Police. When smoke or heat detectors are fitted, in the event of activation the ARC are able to call the fire brigade if required.
Redcare – The three main Redcare Systems we supply are as follows: -
- BT Redcare Classic - monitors your alarm over a BT phone line - reporting any alarm activations (including when the line has been cut) to your alarm receiving centre via the secure BT Redcare network.
- BT Redcare Secure 2 - doubly protects because it uses two signalling paths. If either is tampered with by an intruder, or develops a fault, the ARC will be alerted and the relevant emergency services or your authorised key holder, can be called without delay.
- BT Redcare GSM - Your alarm is monitored over a BT phone line with a GSM backup - reporting any alarm activations (including the phone line being cut to the alarm receiving centre). The secondary GSM line means that alarm activations can continue to get through to ARC even if the phone line has been cut.
- DualCom GPRS - is an intruder alarm signalling device that uses both the Vodafone network and your telephone and/or IP path to transmit intruder, fire and personal attack signals at high speed.
- WorldSIM® - Exclusive to CSL DualCom and embedded into the DualCom GradeShift® range, the WorldSIM® provides Installers with access to all four UK mobile networks in one single product. The WorldSIM® is contained within the Vodafone secure user group and it is also part of the DualCom Gemini Managed Network providing Installers with near 100% radio coverage in the UK.
* All Policed Systems conform to DD 243:2004
For more information please refer to www.bsi-global.com